Oleophilic Disc Skimmers
Oleophilic industrial disc skimmers are highly efficient skimmers recovering oil at 98% oil to water ratio. There are two disc types, either flat/plain disc (P disc) or T disc configuration. Oil attaches itself to the disc through oleophilic action and water does not. As the disc rotates the water drops off. Scrapers are placed in optimum positions to ensure they scrape the recovered oil from the disc. Recovered oil is then corralled down and into the recovery hopper where it is collected and pumped.
The T and P disc options work in exactly the same way, however the T disc gives a greater surface area and better results when rotating the discs at higher speeds. This can be important as faster disc speeds are more efficient at recovering very light oil contaminants. When selecting the skimmer it is important to determine the effective area of operation of the skimmer and not only the skimmers recovery capacity. For example, our Maxi skimmer has a recovery capacity of up to 14m3 per hour, however the effective area should also be considered. The effective area is known as the skimmers area of influence and is the area from which the skimmer can draw in floating oil contaminant towards itself. The number of discs selected determines the area of influence.
- Manufactured in 316L stainless steel as standard to deal with the most common industrial environments (other materials, such as Super Duplex, Incoloy and Hasteloy, are available if required)
- Can be supplied to meet the requirements of ATEX & IECEx
- Recovery rate from 1m³/h to 14m³/h
- Recovered pollutant will typically contain less than 2% free water(ie more than 98% recovered oil)
- Return on investment can be achieved within 3 months depending on status of the process
- Length:92cm to 260cm
- Width: 87cm to 230cm
- Height: 69cm to 100cm
- Weight: 54kg to 510kg
- Recovery Rate: 6m³/hr to 14m³/hr
Areas of Use
- Hydroelectric Plants
- Oil/Gas Refineries
- Iron/Steel Mills
- Food Processing
- Power Generation
- Ground Water Remediation
- Automotive Plants
- Hydraulic Fracturing (Fracking)
Can we help you?