VikoFlex Boom is a curtain boom with internal foam buoyancy. It is suitable for oil spill response or for permanent installation. It is robust, easy to deploy and is suitable for calm, protected waters. It is resistant to sunlight, hydrocarbons and rough treatment while being durable and easy to clean.
VikoFlex Boom is designed for use in calm water environments such as rivers, intakes, harbours and near-shore applications. The boom is available in various sizes to suit the customer's needs.
VikoFlex Boom is constructed of high grade PVC coated fabric, with foam flotation and vertical fibreglass stiffeners. The boom is manufactured in 5m - 25m sections which can be connected with steel U bolts, Unicon or ASTM connectors on request.
For easy handling VikoFlex Boom is fitted with handles and quick couplings at the top and bottom edges, providing attachment points for use with external tension lines for use in higher currents.
The boom can be supplied in aluminium crates for compact storage, which can be stacked one on top of the other. VikoFlex Boom can be deployed direct from the crate, or from a reel.
- Rapid and easy deployment
- No Inflation needed
- Internal closed cell foam buoyancy
- Constructed from strong, flexible Polyurethane
- 300 metres of boom can be deployed in a matter of minutes
- Operate in temperatures from -40ºC to +90ºC
- Ideal for permanent deployment
- Overall Height: 350mm - 1100mm
- Freeboard Height: 125mm - 400mm
- Draft: 225mm - 700mm
- Weight Per Metre: 1.2kg - 3kg
- Material: Polyurethane
- Ballast Type: Galvanised Chain
- Section Lengths: 5m, 10m, 15m, 20m, 25m
- Connector Type: ASTM or Unicon
Areas of Use
Can we help you?