Oily water from rain, traffic and accidents regularly enters the road drainage system. Sumps usually emptied by vacuum trucks making a charge every time they empty. The skimming system separates the oil from the water enabling the water to be discharged into the normal drainage system. The oil is then collected by vac truck.
This highly efficient floating oil recovery skimmer system is designed for continuous use in both hazardous and corrosive environments in situations where water levels may vary significantly. It will recover a wide range of floating oils at a maximum recovery rate of up to 6m3/hr, dependant on viscosity and oil thickness.
98% of the liquid recovered by our skimmers is oil and by keeping the water volume to a minimum, significantly reduces the vac truck requirements and save £££££'s.
The skimmers are connected to a holding tank and pump. The fully automatic system is operated remotely from a control room. This automated system is self-cleaning for minimum maintenance and designed for challenging environments.
- Robust construction to suit challenging environments
- Fully automated system which can be controlled from a remote location
- Recovered pollutant will typically contain less than 2% free water (ie. more than 98% recovered oil)
- Saves money on vac truck costs emptying sumps or tanks
- Self cleaning for minimum maintenance
- Suitable for ATEX zone 2 usage
- 316L Stainless Steel
- Dimensions typically, Skimmer head typically H85 x W127 x L90 or to suit installation
- Weight 77Kg
Areas of Use
- Sumps under roads and tunnels
- Refineries and sewers
- Tank farms
You may also be interested in...
Explore Our Product Range
Areas in which we operate
Read the latest news article providing insight into our industry. You can also access all of our newsletters and sign up to future ones.
Vikoma have equipment case studies that that cover all areas of the spill response and Industrial oily water treatment industries.
Vikoma prides itself of having a dedicated team of employees with a combined experience and industry knowledge of over 100 years.
Can we help you?