Pod booms provide highly effective pollution control barrier, designed to provide a permanent barrier in locations where there is an ongoing risk of spills or for use in an emergency response scenario. The boom is very simple to handle and does not require inflation, so it is always ready for immediate deployment.
Pod booms also provide excellent permanent or semi permanent barriers to deflect or contain trash or debris, or as a safety barrier.
This type of protective barrier can save costly cleaning of filters and downtime due to blockages of water intakes.
The robust design makes it ideal for use in rivers, estuaries, water effluent channels and protected harbours. The outer shell panels have high impact strength to withstand heavy floating debris, and the continuous fence element has a high tensile strength.
The tough permanently sealed floats are moulded in High Density Polyurethane (HDPU) that is highly resistant to impact and abrasion. The floats have been designed to bolt 'back to back' through the skirt. They may be supplied pre-fitted, or as separate parts, to maximise deployment rates or storage capacity.
- Robust design maintains continuous freeboard to contain oil or debris
- Tough materials have long life cycle and low maintenance
- Moulded pods provide excellent buoyancy and stability
- Easy to manoeuvre and position
- Easy deployment
- No inflation needed
- Internal closed cell foam buoyancy
- Constructed from strong, flexible materials.
- Operate in temperatures from -40ºC to +90ºC
- Ideal for permanent deployment
- Section Length: 5m – 25m
- Boom Height: up to 1000mm
- High Density Polyurethane floats
- Heavy duty material
Areas of Use
Can we help you?