Vikoma Vortex Sludge Pump
The Vikoma Vortex Sludge Pump is designed to pump viscous and aggressive hydrocarbons and liquids from a variety of different applications, such as waste oil pits, sludge pits and drill cutting pits.
The Vortex pump unit is free floating and can be easily deployed into the pit/tank. The unit can be manufactured and certified to operate in hazardous and aggressive areas.
- Fully floating pump unit that can easily be fitted into open pits and tanks
- Can be certified for use in hazardous areas, e.g ATEX Zone 1
- Fitted with a steam cage to heat the oil/sludge around the pump to reduce viscosity and allow pumping
- Pump floats can be easily dismounted and reassembled on site to allow for easy transportation and storage
- Pump fitted with dry running, over pressure and motor temperature protection
- Certified single point lift allowing easy and safe deployment and recovery
- Can be supplied with an electric winch system to allow the pump to be manouvred around the pit/tank
- The pump can be adjusted so that it can be used to pump different levels within the pit/tank
- The pump can be manufactured out of a range of materials to suit the liquid in the pit/tank
- Progressive cavity displacement pump
- Can pump liquids up to 1,000,000 cSt
- Pumping capacity up to 12m3/hr
- Solids handling up to 40mm diameter
- For use in hazardous areas
- 5 bar discharge pressure
- 0 to +35oC operating range
- 3 phase electric supply required
Areas of Use
- Sludge pits
- Waste oil pits
- API separators
- Waste liquid pits
- Drill cutting pits
- Slurry ponds
Explore Our Product Range
Areas in which we operate
Read the latest news article providing insight into our industry. You can also access all of our newsletters and sign up to future ones.
Vikoma have equipment case studies that that cover all areas of the spill response and Industrial oily water treatment industries.
Vikoma prides itself of having a dedicated team of employees with a combined experience and industry knowledge of over 100 years.
Can we help you?