Vikoma's Sentinel Oil Containment Curtain Boom has been designed to endure a long life span of up to 20 years, which in turn means that it has reduced life-cycle costs.
The Sentinel Oil Containment Boom is constructed from a durable neoprene rubber that performs well in extreme temperatures ranging from -40oC to +90oC without any deterioration. Alternatively, the Sentinel Boom can also be constructed from PU which provides equally excellent performance, providing both a highly durable and cost-effective boom product for use in a range of various applications.
The Sentinel Boom can be optionally supplied with closed-cell foam filling to provide a semi-permanent or even permanent containment boom solution. This makes an ideal solution for the protection of areas of environmental concern, water intakes and high-risk oil-spill areas in and around ports and harbours.
The Vikoma Sentinel Oil Containment Boom benefits from:
Fast Inflation System
The oil containment boom is inflated by a low pressure, high volume inflator.
Fast Deflation System
Deflation valves allow fast deflation and subsequent recovery of the boom. This saves valuable time on training exercises.
Enclosed Tension Member
Galvanised multi-strand chain or wire maintains a perfect concave underwater profile for maximum oil containment. The wire is enclosed in a continuous pocket to prevent snagging and improve safety for the operators.
Splashflaps can be optionally incorporated which assists performance in rough conditions. Splashflaps reduce the splash-over and negate the need for larger booms.
- Rapid and easy deployment
- Constructed from strong, flexible neoprene or Polyurethane
- Smooth profile and excellent wave following
- Each boom can be deployed in a matter of minutes
- Operate in temperatures from -40ºC to +90ºC
- Easy to clean
- Inflated Height: 400mm - 1500mm
- Freeboard Height: 188mm - 638mm
- Draft: 187mm - 876mm
- Weight Per Metre: 1.53Kg - 3.56kg
- Material: Neoprene or Polyurethane
- Ballast Type: Galvanised Chain or Stainless Wire
- Section Lengths: 10m, 20m, 25m
- Connector Type: ASTM or Unicon
Areas of Use
Can we help you?