Permanent Protection Barriers and Booms
Vikoma offers a range of barriers and booms which can be deployed permanntly to protect inlets, outlets or channels in industrial applications such as refineries. They can be used to prevent pollutants escaping or entering industrial facilities.
Permanent booms are designed for long exposure deployment in sheltered waters. They do not require inflation and are durable and resistant to abrasion and marine growth.
All Vikoma Permanent booms include closed cell foam buoyancy members. This foam will ensure buoyancy is maintained even if the outer material is compromised. Barriers available in neoprene, polyurethane or PVC belt.
Our protection booms can be used in conjunction with our industrial skimming packages for a complete containment and recovery solution.
Boom Sliders/Anchor Pillars
Vikoma anchor pillars are designed to be used with Vikoma booms. They are used to secure booms to vertical walls and can be fitted to separators, inlets and outlets, drainage channels and culverts.
The systems are designed to automatically adjust to varying water levels so that pollutants are effectiveley contained awaiting recovery.
The anchor pillars and floats are manufactures for 316 grade stainless steel so that they can be used in arduous environments.
- Easy installation
- No Inflation needed
- Internal closed cell foam buoyancy
- Constructed from strong, flexible materials
- 300 metres of boom can be deployed in a matter of minutes
- Operate in temperatures from -40ºC to +90ºC
- Total Height: 350mm - 1100mm
- Freeboard Height: 150mm - 375mm
- Draft: 150mm - 715mm
- Weight Per Metre: 4.1kg - 11.2kg
- Material: Neoprene, PVC Belt & Polyurethane alloy
- Ballast Type: Galvanised Chain or Lead Weight
- Section Lengths: 10m, 20m, 25m
- Connector Type: ASTM or Unicon
Areas of Use
Can we help you?