Bulkhead Boom offers a high integrity oil containment boom for use in sheltered and open waters. The sealed bulkhead design means that in the unlikely event of one bulkhead being damaged it will be supported by the neighbouring chambers and still contain oil effectively.
The continuous smooth profile, coupled with low inflation pressure give the boom excellent wave following ability which enhances oil containment properties.
Constructed fro strong, flexible neoprene rubber, the boom can operate in all climates and has a very long service life, with high resistance to abrasion and an excellent resistance to chemicals and environmental damage.
The boom is inflated and deflated via high capacity spring loaded valves located in each buoyancy chamber.
Bulkhead is also available in HD (Heavy Duty) thickness neoprene rubber. Bulkhead HD is ideal for use in ice or spill situations with heavy floating debris or where there is a likelihood of damage, it is also ideal as a protection barrier boom to prevent smaller craft accessing a restricted area.
- Rapid and easy deployment
- Independent internal buoyancy chamers
- Constructed from strong, flexible neoprene
- Excellent wave following and oil containment properties
- Operate in temperatures from -40ºC to +90ºC
- Boom Height: 750mm - 2000mm
- Freeboard Height: 350mm - 900mm
- Draft: 400mm - 1100mm
- Weight Per Metre: 4.55kg - 9.05kg
- Material: Neoprene
- Ballast Type: Galvanised Chain
- Section Lengths: 25m or 50m
- Connector Type: ASTM or Unicon
Areas of Use
Can we help you?