Star Disc Midi
The Star Disc Midi recovers high viscosity oil at a rate of up to 25m3 per hour.
The robust aluminium construction and fenders make this skimmer suitable for the most challenging conditions.
The skimmer can handle floating debris due to its hinged disc bank and ability to run in reverse. Smaller debris can pass through the discs and is collected in a grill above the sum without affecting the operation of the skimmer.
Star Disc Module:
The Star Disc developed by Vikoma, recovers heavy viscous oils combining the principles of disc skimming with mechanical action to lift viscous oils over a weir and into a sump to be carried away by a powerful transfer pump.
The unique action of the star disc creates a flow of oil towards the skimmer and can pick up the oil's as a continuous sheet. The serrated disc edges claw into thick oil and pull it into the skimmer. Free water pick up is minimised, making this skimmer the most efficient type of skimmer available on the market.
The duplex option allows it to be used as either a tar disc or brush skimmer. In brush mode it recovers lower viscosity oils.
This comprises of the heavy oil skimming head, lobe pump, power pack and hose kits with a hose reel for storage of the hoses.
The modular construction of the skimmer allows for easy transportation over rough terrain. The disc bank and the lobe pump can both be removed from the body of the skimmer to enable the three separate modules to be carried by two people. The lobe pump can be used separately from the skimmer for use as an off-loading pump.
A water injection system is available as an option, to facilitate the flow of oil within the recovery hoses.
Recovery capacities stated are indicative and full system recovery capacities will depend on specification of the pump and other ancillary equipment connected.
- Efficient recovery of high viscosity oils
- Recovers oil at up to 25m3 per hour with up to 98% oil to water ratio
- Robust aluminium construction
- Modular for easy transportation
- Operate as a tooth disc skimmer or a brush skimmer
- Tooth discs allow the skimmer to recover medium and heavy oil, and the bristles allow collection of lighter oils
- With its integral buoyancy, fenders and robust design, the Star Disc Midi skimmer can be safely operated from vessels and alongside booms
- The skimmer will operate effectively even when surrounded by large debris such as wood
- 115 (L) x 117 (W) x 169 (H)cm
- Recovery Rate: up to 25m³/hr
- Recovery capacities stated are indicative and full system recovery capacities will depend on specification of the pump and other ancillary equipment connected
- Star Disc Midi Skimmer Head with demountable Lobe Pump.
- Diesel Hydraulic Powerpack
- Hose Kits
- Star Disc, brush or interchangeable modules
- Water injection system for very high viscosity oil
- Powerpack also available with electric start, and with additional safety features, spark arrester and automatic shutdown
Areas of Use
You may also be interested in...
Explore Our Product Range
Areas in which we operate
Read the latest news article providing insight into our industry. You can also access all of our newsletters and sign up to future ones.
Vikoma have equipment case studies that that cover all areas of the spill response and Industrial oily water treatment industries.
Vikoma prides itself of having a dedicated team of employees with a combined experience and industry knowledge of over 100 years.
Can we help you?