Vikoma Komara's range of oleophilic disc skimmers are probably the best known skimmers in the world.
Komara Maxi is a stable, robust, powerful skimmer which can recover oil at a rate of up to 60m3 per hour, making it ideal for use in open waters with wave heights of up to 2m, as well as sheltered locations. It is used by emergency response organisations, responders, coastguards and governments worldwide.
It is constructed from FRP, stainless steel with marine grade aluminium floats to keep its weight to a minimum whilst maintaining strength.
Komara Maxi has powerful on board positive displacement pump which can deal with heavy oils and is resistant to running dry. The rate of discharge is automatically controlled by the on board float valve, so it does not require constant operator input.
Komara Maxi is highly versatile. The Duplex option allows it to be used as either a disc or brush skimmer. The interchangeable skinning modules can be changed in the field in just a few minutes without the need for special tools.
Vikoma developed the design and use of oleophilic disc technology to provide highly efficient recovery of oils with minimal water pick up.
The skimmer will recover oil at 98% oil to water ratio, which drastically reduces the volume of storage required and the costs of re-processing and disposal of dirty water.
In brush mode, the skimmer recovers higher viscosity products using both an assisted weir and comb arrangement. The crimped bristles hold on to the thick oil and elevate it over the unique raised weir comb and into the skimmer sump.
The skimmer unit is powered by a powerful, water cooled, diesel driven powerpack which drives the variable speed transfer pump and skimming modules.
Recovery capacities stated are indicative and full system recovery capacities will depend on specification of the pump and other ancillary equipment connected.
- Robust, versatile skimming system
- Interchangeable disc and brush modules
- Recovers oils at up to 60m3 per hour with 98% oil to water ratio
- 179 (L) x 175 (W) x 107 (H)cm
- Recovery Rate: up to 60m³/hr
- Recovery capacities stated are indicative and full system recovery capacities will depend on specification of the pump and other ancillary equipment connected
- Komara Maxi Skimmer Head
- Diesel Hydraulic Powerpack
- Hydraulically Driven Lobe Pump
- Hose Kit
- Disc, brush or interchangeable modules
- Containerised systems available
- 1 or 2 systems per 10ft container
Areas of Use
Can we help you?