The Vikoma Hawk Owl is an overhead wireless lookout system that is used to actively track and monitor the progress of an oil spill situation. The Hawk Owl aerostat is equipped with 4 static cameras to provide a full 360o field of vision, whilst a stabilising fin maintains a smooth and constant direction into the oncoming wind. The data received by the cameras is transmitted by wireless signal to the base station unit allowing the operator to direct and conduct the spill response to the upmost efficiency.
- Increases overall spill response efficiency
- Infra-Red Camera locates clear and transparent hydocarbons for collection
- Data can be saved for post spill assessment and analysis
- Battey usage is 12 hours per charge therefore out performing drone technology
- Tethered unit does not conflict surveillance camera laws (unlike drone technology)
- Battery Endurance: 12 Hours
- Altitudes: 60 - 300m
- Data Transmission: Encrypted Wireless
- Maximum Wind Speed: 50 Knots
- Camera Specification: 5 Megapixel/ 1080p
- Deployment time/Operators: 30 - 45 mintues, 2 people
- Safery cut down device: Yes
Areas of Use
Explore Our Product Range
Areas in which we operate
Read the latest news article providing insight into our industry. You can also access all of our newsletters and sign up to future ones.
Vikoma have equipment case studies that that cover all areas of the spill response and Industrial oily water treatment industries.
Vikoma prides itself of having a dedicated team of employees with a combined experience and industry knowledge of over 100 years.
Can we help you?